Social Businesses

In addition to private donations and small grants, Bridge of Life School benefits from two local, social businesses working in the tourism economy in Siem Reap. These separate, not-for-profit businesses donate between 70% and 100% of their earnings to Bridge of Life School to help fund programming in Siem Reap & Kompong Thom provinces. They also employ former Bridge of Life students who graduated from our English program. Learn more about these social businesses below.

Social Businesses


Community First

Kompong Khleang Floating Village Tours provides community based tours of Kompong Khleang, a floating village in Siem Reap province. Residents here live on the Tonle Sap lake, a UNESCO Biosphere reserve, famous for its unique flora and fauna. Participants on a Community First tour have the chance to visit the village and learn about both life in the community and some of the issues faced. 100% of profits from this tour are transferred to Bridge of Life School.

Lavender Jeep

Lavender Jeep Siem Reap is an adventure tour company providing curated tours of Siem Reap, Cambodia in a 1975 A2 American Jeep. Lavender Jeep offers tours of Angkor Wat temple as well as unique countryside visits to see local markets, Buddhist pagoda, traditional artisans, and floating villages. Lavender Jeep is unique in that it is staffed by women entrepreneurs and structured as a cooperative with drivers earning 30% of the tour profits. The remaining 70% of the tour profits are donated to Bridge of Life School.